Sunday, November 1, 2015

52 Pick-me-up: Sunflower / Joy

••• 
It's Sunflower week on 52 Pick-me-up!
Also Sunflower (ie Golden) Yellow is Coreopsis seen here in an old photo from when I lived on Hudson Street in Pasadena (1988?-93):
Another flower this same color is the California Poppy, a flower that never fails to give me great Joy.
If you live in SoCal, now is the time to plant it, before the rains start.
Hopefully, there WILL be rains this year.
(From the same garden) 
It's also the color used on highways and streets:
My street was recently repainted.  I witnessed it. 
This was my "Halloween" outfit for both Thursday and Saturday.
I bought the scarf exactly 25 years ago in Patzquaro, Mexico.
The tee has a graphic reminiscent of a Día de los Muertos sugar skull.
It's from Bleeding Heart Bakery, Chicago, now closed.
Today is Día de Muertos, a day to remember loved ones who have passed.
Both pictures from the ofrenda at the Farmers Market in Mar Vista.
I'm taking my joyful self on over to Patti's Visible Monday.
How about you?
Sunflower Yellow and/or Joy -- link and tell!