Friday, April 10, 2015

SpyGirl Watches: L.A. Frock Stars -- The Frock Market

CREATED/ LINKS/  
This week, my one to watch is Mara Hruby, a singer/songwriter from Oakland, CA.
Mara needed a dress for her gig at The Mint. I sketched the second dress that she tried.
You can see her perform in the dress that she chose in this video:

I also found this interview on YouTube:


A highlight of Episode 4 was Doris and Sarah traveling to Chicago to a most amazing estate sale.
I still can't get over how the whole second floor of the house was packed full of things to wear.

Only two more new episodes will air on the Smithsonian Channel on Thursdays at 9pm.
They are rebroadcasted, check this link, then click on the specific episode for air times.
The same link will also lead you to streams of all six episodes of Season 1 (for now).

Who will I sketch next? Come back next Friday to find out!

I was given access to screeners of all six episodes of Season 2 back in February. 
The above verbiage is all mine.

Breaking news! 
Doris will be doing a live Facebook Chat on the L. A. Frock Stars page next Monday, April 13 at 11am PST.
The Way We Wore asked me to join in to ask a question. Alas, I'll be at the day job (making plaids, no doubt) so will one of you attend in my stead? Thanks, dolls!