Sunday, March 1, 2015

52 Pick-me-up: Dots

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." --Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011, Stanford commencement address (12 June 2005) [source]

PURCHASED/ GIFTED/ 
It's all about the Dots this week. NO BRAINER! 

I'm taking a look at my dotted socks. I have A LOT of dotted socks. Some might say too many.
No, you can never have too many dotted socks.
All the dot socks. Yes, leopard counts as dots. 
Most are Happy Socks brand. 
Severo gave me the MTA Subway socks and black ground multi dots above them. 

Full confession: the above sock organization became reality for this post.

One hour ago, my sock drawers looked like this:
The novelty ankle socks drawer had really hit critical mass!
I had seen this pin, for organizing shoes using an old wine carton.

I thought, I have tons of empty tea tins from my daily cup of Twinings Earl Grey that I can't bear to recycle.
They are a perfect size for storing socks. My shelves have become a horrid mess [again]:
(No, don't even ask about that Barbie Doll.)
The bottom shelf is now replaced with a grid of tins filled with socks! Yay!
Next I'll find some empty wine cartons to get my shoes in order.
And work on that middle shelf!  √ DONE!

Here is one of my favorite dotted pairs on their swan song:
Sad to say, they had to be retired. Soon they will get repurposed as catnip receptacles.

Did you connect the dots this week? Link and tell!