Monday, February 4, 2013

2/4 is #WorldCancerDay

[source]
Today is World Cancer Day and I am here to dispel Myth 3: "Cancer is a death sentence."
You see, 6/2/2010 I was diagnosed with Stage IIIc breast cancer with a tumor bigger than a walnut.
It is now gone and I AM VERY MUCH ALIVE! 
So promising are all the gene-based protocols being developed.
My tumor was HER2+
Herceptin lowered my recurrence odds from 90% to 20%.



I found out about the World Cancer Day initiative through Fat Mum Slim's 365 project.
Chantelle is now designating one day a month to bringing awareness to a cause.
The prompt for today's photo is HOPE.

Here is my pictorial hope:
"Get those mammograms ladies!"
Please join in, whether you
• photograph your take on "hope" (use #fmsphotoaday),
• bust a cancer myth on twitter (use #worldcancerday),
• offer support to a victim or caregiver (there are many many ways beyond monetary),
or
• take a private moment to think of a loved one who has been affected by cancer
(I'm sure you know someone, if not yourself).

As Michael Sieverts, my Qi Gong teacher says during our practice:
"Cancer be gone. You are not wanted here."

Read more about my cancer battle on Caring Bridge.
Linking up with Katy's Friend Beauty Friend Friday. This month's theme is Health and Fitness.