Thursday, July 12, 2012

Red Nails In the Sunset

I've painted my toes red since the summer of 1971.

I was visiting Wendy, at her family's summer place in Grafton, NY. She was applying bright red polish to her nails and I thought it was a great idea.

It quickly disappeared from my fingers, but has lingered on my toes. Yes, I've tried other colors. A very lurid burgundy from Mary Quant the following year (courtesy of Kim). Hard Candy ice blue the summer of 95, because it looked so good on Susan. A brief fling with black glitter in 2000, because it was on sale at Pic N Save. Orange, a couple of summers ago.

But I always return to a warm red. No, not cherry red. Tomato red. Preferably by Revlon.
It's the only maquillage I don on a regular basis.

This post is part of Fashion Beauty Friend Friday, hosted by Katy of Modly Chic.
See what others have to say on the subject of their nails here.