Sunday, July 15, 2012

5 on Summer Standby

Quick: name five things in your closet that Never Let You Down. The indispensables. Your classics.

Here are mine:
1) Huipil
2) Plastic Chinese Sandals
3) Shawl
4) Socks
5) Leggings

I take these five components and can be casual around the house or dress them up and go out on the town or hop in the car and go on a road trip. With them I can get through the summer and feel comfortable in my skin. 

Which is exactly what I did last Thursday. I "needed" to make a pilgrimage to the beach.

I started from the North Valley. Got on the 118...
Santa Susana Pass
Kept going west...
Pit stop at the Somis Nut House to obtain some Divinity
On westward to PCH and Point Mugu
I pitched a piece of Divinity into the Pacific and said a prayer for Jane.


This was partly inspired by the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday topic for this week : Five Essentials, hosted by Katy of Modly Chic. See other responses here.