Friday, May 11, 2012

The Simplicity Project

This caught my attention.

Cynthia, from Go Chic or Go Home, posted about it on the GCOGH blog.
I followed the thread and it made a lot of sense to me.
I type from here
I'd like to get this space in better working order. A desk/computer/chair combo that doesn't cause me pain. Heaps sorted and put away neatly (not just thrown into another box and moved into another room). That is my starting point. I will then hopefully sort through other parts of the house. In the end, maybe I WILL get the studio space in the garage I so deeply crave...

I quote Kristen from As Luck Would Have It:
"Do you want to join me in taking a look at all the extra things in our lives and then setting them aside so all of the great stuff that adds real value to our lives can have some room to breathe? (If you're scratching your head and have no idea what I'm talking about, read this post first. Then head back here.)  For me, this will definitely mean getting rid of some "stuff" - clothes, jewelry, old text books, projects from my freshman year of college (eep! sad, but true), and other clutter but it will also mean looking at my schedule, my expenses, and all of the other things I tell myself that I "have" to do that in the end, aren't really doing me any good at all. For you it might mean creating a great, simple workspace where you have room to breathe and create, or it might mean getting rid of clothes you haven't worn in ten years, or organizing your bookshelves, or ANYTHING you can think of simplifying that will make your world a better place to be. Anything that's meaningful to you counts and I guarantee it will inspire someone else."


If this sounds like something you'd like to join in on, click the circle up top and embark!